I personally assume the responsibility of doing my part in our Government. So what is the responsibility of Americans in Government. We are a participative Republic. That is part of the uniqueness of our Government. We elect our leaders. From school boards to the President of this Nation, We, The People are charged with making those decisions.
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
I do not care what party a person may belong too…I do not care what they say they intend to do…I only seek results. Result oriented management is how I roll. If you are seeking…or intend to seek office…show me the money. What have you done that supports what you say you will do?
In the coming months many politicians will be vying for our vote…not just in Federal, State, and Local elections…but for approval of in the passing of laws…and in the approval of tax increases. Each one of them will be telling us all about their plans…and why your Yes/No vote is needed. They will put a marketing spin on it that will entice you based on your personal desires. The question is…are you smart enough to look at the big picture…are you strong enough to put self aside…and think of the country as a whole?
They will tempt you with sad stories of families too poor to support themselves….they will promise you free stuff…or paint a picture of Nirvana…they will lie...and manipulate the truth to the point of confusing you…they will claim the sun rises in the west and sits in the east…they will do so in such a way as to make you believe it.
There are so many issues that the task will look insurmountable…despair will give way to apathy. They count on your confusion…Do not despair...or become overwhelmed. Here is all you have to do.
1. Throw away preconceived notions. This is not to say abandon your religion, or your idea of right and wrong…The exact opposite is true…you will need those things. The idea here is that if someone says they are a conservative make them prove it.
2. Join a like minded group. That is really all a Tea Party is…like minded people coming together to discuss social and political issues. Heck…you can call it a Tupperware Party if that makes you feel better. These groups should be providing you with information…not just being a complaint session.
3. Decide what you think is important for this country. Is it the economy? Is it freedom to do business? Is it education? Make yourself the expert in what you are interested in.
4. Do your homework. Many topics are really simple in reality…politicians and spin doctors just make them sound complex. I will post some articles that I hope will simplify some of those issues. However, by all means, do your own research…and ask questions.
5. Do not enter into silly debates. Big time waster here. They are easy to recognize from the very beginning. Some one who wants to discuss an issue will ask intelligent questions…not just say…”That’s not so”. I call this the “Yes you are/No you aren’t” argument…lets leave that for the kids.
Maybe you can add your own ideas to that list.
Well as Forrest Gump said “That’s all I have to say about that”.